Weird behavior of the text relation box

WHAT IS THE BUG

Ok so I search the community and I found this old bug report but since that post is closed and I can’t comment on it, I decided to post a new one. So, the text box’s behaviour is super wierd. when I select it, it basically covers the whole body of the page ( vertically) and when I try to edit a part of text, when I delete a blank space or a word, every time either the location/height of the box changes, or the page scrolls down, or it gets to a point that I can’t see my text box!

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

1. create a text box relation
  2. paste a large chunk of text into it
  3. leave the box by clicking somewhere else.
  4. select the text box again
  5. try to edit some part of it

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

first of all, I expect the height of the text box to be consistent; preferably I expect the height to expand downwards, not upwards so it won’t cover other relations.

and secondly, I expect it not to scroll down or hide my text from me!

SYSTEM INFORMATIONS

Mac OS Ventura 13.0
  • Device:
    M1 MacBook Air
  • Anytype Version:

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

for additional context, I will attach two example of this bug. First is in pop-up view:

and the second one is in expanded view:

2 Likes

Feel free to use the :triangular_flag_on_post: flag option to get a mods attention to reopen a closed topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This issue has been added to our issue tracker and was received by the Development Team.

2 Likes

didn’t know that’s possible! will do in the future :blush:

2 Likes

This issue has been fixed by the Development Team and will be implemented in an upcoming release.

1 Like

I’m afraid it’s still present in 0.30.0:

Can confirm. Notified the team about it.

2 Likes

Thanks fellas, this fix is scheduled for V. 0.31.0

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.