WEBP images fail to upload / RAM usage increasing

Describe the bug
When dragging and dropping onto the Object Canvas, or uploading with an Image or File block, images in the WEBP images fail to upload, with a message stating that “There was an error uploading this file”.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Drag-and-drop or upload an WEBP format image into the Anytype object canvas. I’ve provided one example of an image fails to upload in the “Additional Details” section.
  2. The image should fail to upload with the aforementioned error message.

Expected behavior
I would have expected the image to upload and embed successfully, or at least, be uploaded as a File block into the Object Canvas.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: MacBook Air (M1, Late 2020)
  • Anytype Version: 0.23.5

Additional context
This issue seems to been reported in the desktop Telegram group a few days ago, but I haven’t seen a report on the forum yet. The link is here: Telegram

The image that failed to upload is: 1

2 Likes

I also have this issue in Debian 11 on 0.23.5. Additionally, when trying to choose an image as a page icon, .webp files are not shown in the file browser, only .jpg and .png.

.tiff files are also not shown, and also give the same upload error.

2 Likes

1 Like

I copied the provied image into an object and the RAM usage goes higher and higher.
I then closed the Anytype process and restarted Anytype. The RAM usage is still on the same level when I was closing Anytype.

Edit: After about 10 minutes of restarting. The RAM usage seems to be slowly decreasing.