Visual error (borders visible) in Dark Mode + Non Fullscreen on iPadOS

Describe the bug
When the Anytype app window is not fullscreened (e.g in Split View, Slide Over, or Stage Manager mode) and Dark Mode is enabled on iPadOS, there’s an unpleasant visual artifact with the borders between the interface elements visible.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Set the app’s theme to Dark.
  2. Open the Anytype app in any non-fullscreen view, such as Split View, Slide Over, or Stage Manager.
  3. The visual error should occur.

Expected behavior
Similarly to how Anytype iOS looks on light mode, I expected the visual borders to not occur.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: iPad Pro 11’, 3rd generation
  • Anytype Version: 0.15.0 (69) (although the screenshots were taken with an earlier version, the same bug still persists with the latest version)
1 Like

Acknowledged by the team (see tag)

1 Like

This one will be fixed in next release but I noticed problems with color in Dark mode in other parts of the app.
We are going to make full app design review in Dark Mode and fix other problems in future releases

1 Like

@edwards how does this look on the latest iOS release?

Hey – sorry for the late reply. Life’s a bit busy nowadays!

As of the latest iOS 0.18.0, it seems to have been fixed in some places, but it’s still present in other places.

It’s no longer there in most places, such as the bottom and top of the app and in the Object Canvas, but it’s still present in the Table view for Sets.

I’ll try to get an image uploaded here when I can. But, I think it would probably be best to wait for the full app design review as mentioned by @ mordan above and allow the team to close it at their leisure.