Use # to create and assign a type to an object

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

I currently can easily create an object with @, but if I do it this way, I have to open the object to assign the correct type. I would like a way to easily create and assign an object type while writing/typing.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

Due that AnyType doesn’t have traditional tags, I would like to create an object and assign a type using the # sign.

Ideally when I write #, I would receive a list with all the types I have created/installed in my library, when I select the type I need (I could narrow down the list while writing), I would receive a list of all the objects WHERE TYPE = “object selected”. This so I can either select or create a new object with the needed type and avoid possible duplications.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

In journaling, I could go through my day with something like…
Today I met #human we watched #movie together.
Today I met person name we watch movie name together.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

Use the pages type or create an inbox type and only assign the correct types when needed or once a week/month/year.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

Inline Object Creation and Modification
(1) Anytype - Object commander demo - YouTube

Somewhat related

Create new object types on the fly while typing - Feature Requests
Create type from New Object view - Feature Requests - Anytype Community

3 Likes

I like this feature and agree it is very important to increase effieiency

1 Like

To create a task with a type you want you can just use / and type in the type you want.

I do think that it would be nice if you could do this inline too though.

1 Like

have to open the object to assign the correct type is the problem right now, if we could do it like Tana, think, type, tag and assign the type of the object without open any new widow or move the mouse and click, that will be really high effieient

2 Likes