Unable to upload a picture or video - problems with Android permissions

Describe the bug
Can’t upload a picture or video because I can’t give permission to the app for files and media because there is no such permission registered for the app as shown in the picture below

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to relations > media > upload picture (or video)
  2. See an error “user denied permission. approve this permission in “Permission” in the app setting”

Expected behavior
to let me choose the picture or video through the default gallery app

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: e.g. Samsung S21 + Tab S6 too
  • Anytype Version: e.g. 0.6.0

Additional context
I can work around this problem by selecting the option to upload a file then finding the photo or video desired and choose them

10 Likes

I can confirm that I am running into the same issue.

3 Likes

I am running into the same issue.+1

3 Likes
    1. Same issue for me.
2 Likes

Yup same problem for me as well

2 Likes

Any update for this problem yet? I really wanna upload some pictures

Considering the timing, I think an update of Anytype will come soon. But at this stage, we can only wait and hope that our requests will be integrated into the next updates.

Anytype is still in an alpha stage after all. :wink:

2 Likes

In the meantime, instead of select “upload picture,” use “upload file” then choose the picture desired from the file manager.

2 Likes

Oh great idea. But also waiting for the update so i can put my own cover images for different sets and objects

Hey, guys, sorry for that bug :see_no_evil:. I will try to fix it immediately. The release will be on the following week. Thanks for reporting!

5 Likes

Omg , thank you , finally :partying_face::partying_face:

May i ask if there is a roadmap for android future updates?

Discription
I am trying to upload images in anytype app but when i click to upload, it says media access denied and told me to go to app permissions and give access for media but when i opened app permissions and checked, there is no media permission option to give access to. Only access i found is camera access. Media access isn’t there in app permissions.

Expected behavior
I expected to give access to media permission in app permissions so I can upload images to anytype app.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Samsung Galaxy M21
  • Anytype Version: 0.6.0-alpha (0.17.27)

2 Likes

Hi @Benny ! Welcome. I’ve had the same issue. There are already some threads that have reported the same problem, such as this one: Uploading a picture or video

If you upvote an existing thread that describes your issue, it will save you time (as you won’t need to describe the issue in full), and will help the dev team to recognise which issues are more common. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Hi, Mohammad! There is no Android roadmap itself yet, but we plan to give previews of planned releases soon.

3 Likes

@Benny this seems to be resolved in Anytype 0.6.1 for Android.

• Editor | Fix app permission issues preventing users from uploading pictures and other media (#2143)

https://community.anytype.io/t/anytype-android-0-6-1-released/5478/6

Can you confirm that this is resolved for you?

1 Like

Yes it is resolved :slight_smile:

1 Like