Top-left buttons unclickable in some views when the window is small

WHAT IS THE BUG

When the window size is small, the top-left buttons on the header in some views are unclickable.

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

1. open “Add new object” or “Library” view,
  2. resize the window to small, until the floating view automatically expand to fill the window,
  3. I cannot click on the buttons on the top left.
  4. I could only enlarge the window or press ESC to leave this view.

There is still a small part can be clicked, to the right of the red line:
图片

The left area seems covered by some transparent element. Double clicking on this area toggles maximized window, like titlebar’s behavior. The width of this area is related to window width.

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

These buttons should always be clickable.

SYSTEM INFORMATIONS

Windows 11 21H2
  • Device:
    Lenovo Air 14
  • Anytype Version:
2 Likes

I also had this problem yesterday, but couldn’t reproduce it. Does it happen everytime to you?

Yes. Currently I found only in “Add new object” and “Library” have this problem.

Okay thanks. I’m on a pre-release version. Maybe thats why its working. If it isn’t working in the version that should be released tomorrow, we can forward this to the devs.

The problem may have relation to the home page header:

“Add new object”, small window:

Large window:

Seems a double-clickable element is improperly floating on the top.

Similar to this topic that was closed due to a lack of response?

Edit: and this one, too

Not the same. I am neither crashing nor having navigation problems. My buttons just don’t respond to my mouse.

1 Like

This issue has been added to our issue tracker and was received by the Development Team.

This seems to be specifically an issue if the window has been resized with a floating page. The buttons get drawn as it changes size but the floating window is still on top of them.
If you open the Library and click the Open as Object button and then resize, the buttons are now useable (although the adaptive theme really doesn’t handle the transform very well)

This issue has been fixed by the Development Team and will be included in an upcoming release.

2 Likes