Toggle blocks should not be toggled/opened automatically

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

Toggle blocks should not be toggled/opened automatically. It makes extra work when you:

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

• Let users decide themselves if they wanna open there toggle block.
  • Make it an optional function.

Alternative behavior:

• Only the first block (with text!) turns into a open toggle block if multiple blocks are selected.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

In my use cases, everytime I create a toggle I do that because I would like to write something in it. So I want the automatic open. I never had a use case, where I switched a lot of blocks into toggles and then don’t want to write in them as you did in the video. Is this just about personal preference or an actual use case?

It’s actually a common use for me to turn multiple blocks/sentences into toggle blocks because I want to add later some comments to each point (example would be a translation to practice with it) Closing every time a bunch of open toggle blocks is in these cases very time consuming:(

Thank you for the use case. Seems to be a personal preference. I think it would make sense to make this configurable in the settings.

1 Like

For now we will stick with current implementation, and if we will introduce more robust editor settings we will add this settings as @Flip suggests.

3 Likes