Themes

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

I see there’s a “Light” vs “Dark” color system to control the appearance. What if you could create your own custom color palettes and control backgrounds, accents, etc. I’m thinking I’d like to make my background pink or something… let’s bring back those 90s/hacking vibes of the good ol’ net, yeah?

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

• Ability to create custom palettes in your account (that are, of course, also synced and at hand at any moment).
  • Palettes should have the ability to control the background of the app, text color, and the basic accents for buttons and other essential UI components.
  • Color wheel or at least ability to pick exact colors in either RGB, HSL, HEX, all of them? I don’t know.
  • Asking too much now but the ability to add gradients to the palette? hehe, nevermind this one.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

I think it’s related to the collective value of digital sovereignty the community appreciates: having full control of how your data is presented to you. (This would also apply to font styles, I guess, but I don’t wanna get ahead of myself.)

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

• More presets / predefined color sets made by the Anytype team?

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

(none)

Themes are already planned.

Thanks.

Btw, I noticed that they flagged me as “Beta type” but I’ve actually been using the Alpha for a while. I just transitioned to the new app this week, which is how I got here: Notion importer gets stuck around 50% then crashes app

Alpha is not linked to which version we are using.
It’s for people who use anytime since the alpha version (so, before june 2023 or something like this).
(if i don’t misunderstood you)

Did you have an account on the forum previously or did you create one recently?

Yeah, I’ve been using Anytype since early 2022, though I just created my account here. Someone from the team helped me via email, though. Thanks!

1 Like