The popup menu will not disappear automatically and other thing

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.

I select a piece of text. A set of options appear where I can make the text bold, italic etc. When I want to close it, I either have to hit Escape on my keyboard or click a responsive object like the search bar or a line. Clicking on a blank space, though, won’t do it. It can be somewhere out of the page or between the lines where nothing happens when you click.

Describe the solution you’d like

The menu should close if I click anywhere else.

Additional context

As you can see in the image below, the word I selected is not highlighted because I already clicked out of it. However, the menu is still there.

3 Likes

That’s a bug, we will fix it in the future release! Thanks!

The menu remains open on purpose. We thought that you may need to take several actions and it will be worse to close it every time in this scenario. To close it you can use arrows that will bring the carriage back. You think that it isn’t right?

1 Like

@vova_ermolaev That will need some more testing. I cannot say anything for sure. It is true that I might find it more useful the more I get to actually use the feature.

1 Like

After selecting some text Anytype will popup a menu but it will not disappear automatically after the selection ends. And during this period my previous texting will be repeated after entering to make a new block

To reproduce:

Expected behavior:

The popup menu disappears after my selection is cancelled.

Client:

• Version: Anytype Desktop 0.17.7
  • Device: MBP 13’ 2020
1 Like

Duplicate of [74](https://community.anytype.io/d/74-menu-appearing-when-text-is-selected-should-go-away-when-you-click-anywhere-els).

@BGray Sorry, although I have looked through some posts but I didn’t see as deep ad that post.

BTW, is there any way to close this post?

@Mexii No, I don’t think so. A moderator will probably merge it with the other one though.

@Mexii Thank you for noticing! We will fix it in the new release.

1 Like