The "add new" button should create objects only if there is something input

The object is created immediately every time the “add new” button is clicked, sometimes when I click “add new” and find that I don’t need it, but I can’t cancel it. Now I have a lot of unnecessary untitled objects that I have to delete every time.

Can it be created only when there is something input, like title, type or contents, if there is no content input, the object is not created.

27 Likes

Was just about to make a thread on this but you beat me to it :slight_smile:

@fyne :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.

When creating a new object, I see it’s created (shows up in History) but if I close it, it is deleted. That’s perfect. But the problem is that if I choose the object type, and without making any changes close the object, then I get an empty object that (I know it’s being added) I can’t delete.

Describe the solution you’d like

It would be nice if the object did not save when it’s not modified, as it’s really simple to go back and create the same object with 2 clicks.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered

Could be automatic, or add a button to “Discard” the object, which would add the same feature for those who are creating an object but realize they want a different thing.

Additional context

I’m realy new, so this may exist, but I couldn’t find anything like this.

Related to https://community.anytype.io/t/-/1605

1 Like

In the current version, when I add an object, do nothing and close it, there is no new object in the “History”. So it seems there is no new object created.

Had to remove the “solved” checkmark.
Anytype seems to discard a new object, when nothing is written into the title.
But if you write to the title and then remove, what you’ve written, so the title is empty again, then the object is still saved as “Untitled”.