Text loses background colour when changed to a toggle

Describe the bug
The background colour of regular text is lost when it is turned into a toggle by putting > before it.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Type something
  2. Give it a background colour
  3. Insert “>” behind it to turn it to a toggle
  4. The colour disappears

Expected behavior
I expect the background colour to remain.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Apple MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
  • Anytype Version: 0.25.0

Additional context
I’m not sure if this happens for everyone so I’m pretty undecided on if it should be a feature request or a bug report.

I cannot reproduce this on Android, so might MacOS specific.

Tested on Android 10:

• Text with text level background color
  • Text with block level background coror

In both situations background color remains when turning the block into a toggle.

@excel I cannot reproduce this on Windows v0.25.0.

Could you also make a recording of the bug you are experiencing so I know for sure I’m taking the right steps? I was a bit confused when reading your steps:

Where “behind” probably should be “in front of”? I can only make the text into a toggle by typing “>” in front, or using the slash “/” menu at the end of the block.

Sorry I wasn’t clear enough. I’m still grappling with Anytype terminology. I meant “block”. If you assign a background colour to the text itself and use > to make it a toggle, it still works.

But if you assign a background colour to the block and turn it into a toggle with > , it loses the colour. On Mac at least. I haven’t tried it on Android yet

Ah, thanks for the clarification! On Windows, also block level backgrounds stay there when making the block into a toggle:

I know there are limitations to what block styling can be combined like described in this topic:

1 Like