Text background color not updated after undo/redo

Describe the bug

The background color of text snippets does not change after pressing undo or redo until the text block is scrolled out of the view.

To Reproduce

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a simple text block
    1. Select some characters (not the whole block)
    1. Set background color of the selection
    1. Press undo
    1. Background color does not change

Expected behavior

The background should be updated immediately.

System:

• Device: Pixel 5
  • Version: 0.1.3

Additional context

[Imgur Video](Imgur: The magic of the Internet)

1 Like

Can’t reproduce this. Will try more with other cases and devices

I was able to reproduce it but I don’t think the issue has been described correctly. If the cursor is on the line containing the characters of which you are changing the background, undo/redo works as expected.

If the cursor is on another line, when you do undo/redo, the background still changes but is not visually updated until you tap the line with the characters. So you see it change as long as the cursor is on the same line as the characters you are changing the background of.

Android 7, Antype 0.1.3.

2 Likes

@BGray

Yes, that’s correct, thank you!

I just noticed that it works fine only if the cursor is in the same line/block as the background colour; because the bug also occurs if you close the keyboard/editing menu.

I will update the description.

Edit: Looks like I can’t edit the original post. But moving the cursor out of the current text block would be the additional step for reproduction.

@BGray Thank you for the clarification! @felix The bug has been added to the bug tracker!

@felix this seems to be resolved in Anytype 0.6.1 for Android. Can you double check whether that is also the case for you?

PS: I’m using Android Subsystem for Windows, so that is why you see me clicking around with a mouse.