Add a command-line option to launch Anytype and open a specific object
- Add CLI option, ex. “–object-id”
- Add another CLI option, “–new-window”
- Use --object-id to route client to that object
- If --new-window is set, open that object in a new window
- Add a field with object id (non-editable) to object relations menu or add any other option to get ID of an object
./anytype – new-window --object-id=bafyreiffok5otmotr3t7ki5fenwy2wuejabj2sgidfsqf45522i4vj3igy
This will allow for creating shortcuts to specific objects, for example:
- Scratchpad note
- Work tasks
- Shopping list
On linux desktop environments it is possible to set custom shortcuts for any command
On Windows it will allow to create desktop shortcuts leading directly to a specific object.
In absence of tabs (especially pinned tabs), this option allows to reduce amount of actions needed to get to a specific frequently needed object.
These options will also help to reduce friction when working on some long document - like note for example, or a big post, and need to quickly write something down in another document (scratchpad) or add a new task to a specific collection of tasks.