This week we had a short Sprint Review meeting with a few points of attention: the team spoke about some very interesting updates that are around the corner!
- Relations-as-Objects (i.e., delete & manage existing Relations) is almost ready for testing with the Nightly Testers group!
- Inline Sets are almost ready for testing with the Nightly Testers group!
Please take note, these are not the release notes for the next update, but rather a list of items the teams are working on. Release notes will be posted in the Latest News & Announcements/Release Notes category.
- Add link to Objects (three dot menu > Link to) to link to your current Object in an Object of your choice (link is added at the bottom of the Object you select)
- Hide nav bar when style menu is visible to save screen estate
- Fix cursor position after style has been applied (cursor will remain in place instead of jumping to the end)
- A lot of refactoring (about 90% complete, so more focus on new features in upcoming sprints)
- Link-to-Object: Added option to style linked Object (card style, text style, cover size, etc.)
- Relations-as-Objects is implemented in its core, but many bugs need to be resolved still. Testing with the Nightly Testers maybe already starts next week
- As a lot of testing is still needed for this change it definitely won’t be released in the October Release, but with some luck it makes the November release (hint: no promises, just sharing the current state of Anytype development and the Team’s expectations)
- Inline Sets
- Change views
- Add views
- Won’t be released in October Release, but probably in November
- Implementation on mobile will not be supported from the start. Design team is investigating its implementation due to limited screen estate
- Set view changes
- Filter icon and Sort icon will be split out of the settings menu and have their own icons now
- Kanban loading will be done by user click instead of scrolling. Setting will be added to define how many Objects need to be loaded at a time.
- Internal storage rework will start soon to optimize performance. This effort will be less visible in the short term, much like the huge amount of effort put in the “Objects-as-Relations” change, but it will improve the foundation of the Anytype software.
The forum saw its biggest growth ever during the past month with +243% more sign-ups than the previous month, +59% increase over the last quarter. Consequently, leading to a +93% increase in topic creation, +153% increase in posts, +44% increase in Daily Engaged Users, culminating in 175k page-views this month. We observed a +226% increase in total members over the past year which surpassed our goal for the period, we had about 1k this time last year and now have 4.5k. Growth can be expected to continue at an exponential rate.
- Update next meeting (once a month)
- Update next meetings with details on public beta release