Sidebar for Anytype Mobile

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
The Sidebar, added to Anytype Desktop 0.24.0, has revolutionized how I (and I’m sure, many others) visualize and navigate between their Objects within Anytype. However, when using the iOS and Android mobile apps, the lack of a sidebar really does like going back to the Stone Age.

Describe the solution you’d like
I’d like it if a Sidebar for both the Android and iOS Anytype apps were implemented. For mobile displays, a swipe from the left edge of the screen to slide over the Sidebar may be a decent solution. For tablets, allowing the Sidebar to be pinned may enhance productivity.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
Using the traditional home page and forward/back button navigation always works perfectly fine to get around Anytype, but a Sidebar would allow one to see much more content at once.

Additional context
In the Android Telegram group, the developer replied that Sidebar will come “later this year”, but not in the “next two months”. I’ve just posted this so the developers and the community could gauge the interest for such a feature.

Related although not the same as Please add traditional “tree” for navigating page structure since Oshyan had only mentioned the desktop version and that I believe there is enough differentiation between that aforementioned post to warrant a new thread. [Edit suggested by @AyneHancer , thank you!]

11 Likes

I unfortunately don’t have enough time right now to look into the mobile versions of Anytype, but I would definitely have some suggestions and this could definitely be one of them.

However, I think that the way the sidebars are integrated in the mobile versions are not very logical from an ergonomic point of view. The UX is essential, so

a swipe from the left edge of the screen to slide over the Sidebar

is not a good choice according to me.

I have a precise idea of what to do, so I plan to make a mockup of it, in a near future :wink:

1 Like