Search starts with text cursor not focused inside the search box

Describe the bug

The first time I issue the search (Ctrl+F) within a block, the search will open but the text cursor will not be inside the search box. If I try to issue the search in that same block, the text cursor will be inside the search box.

To Reproduce

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Prepare some text on an application other than Anytype (Notepad, for example)
    1. Create a new object in Anytype (Draft, for example)
    1. Copy the text from the Notepad and paste it on a new block of the Draft document
    1. Click inside the block, activating the text cursor
    1. Issue the search with Ctrl+F
    1. The text cursor is not inside the Search box
    1. Dismiss the search
    1. Issue the search again
    1. Now the text cursor is inside the Search box

Expected behavior

Every time I issue the Search command, the text cursor should be placed inside the search box.

System Information:

• Anytype Version: e.g. 0.19.0

Additional context

Any subsequence call to the Search command will present the expected behavior. It seems that just the first call presents the described behavior.

2 Likes

I followed everything you mentioned… but I can’t reproduce the issue. Everything works correctly, at least on mine.

Can you record a video? If possible?

2021-10-03-10-24-01.mp4

Hi, @Sedulous! Here is the video recording:
2021-10-03-10-24-01.mp4

Steps to reproduce.

1. Type some text in an object
  2. Ctrl+f
  3. Then Continue to type
  4. See the error.

I hope this helps

@thiago_nascimentodf I cannot reproduce this on Anytype for Windows 0.24.0. I tried to follow your steps to reproduce as closely as possible, but search works as expected every time (cursor starts in the search box). Could you check again with version 0.24.0?