Search by tag. Marking on a text fragment

Hello. I’m taking notes on a certain topic on a page and I want to tag a paragraph. In different summaries, these are different tags, but there are several paragraphs with one tag, for example.
Two questions: 1. Is it possible to quickly click on this tag and show all the text fragments that are marked with such a tag? 2. Is it possible to make the tag an object in “Relation”?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, no one is responding :frowning:

I’d also like that functionality. It’s present in a few other similar apps, such as RemNote.

As far as I know, it’s not possible in Anytype due to paragraphs not being Objects. There are a few discussions in the forum about making Anytype’s data structure more granular. For example:

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback and support. How have you organized and solved your problem at the moment? Maybe show it in private messages?

No solution, sorry! I’m not currently using Anytype actively, as it’s still quite unstable. I’ve been just doing a bunch of tests.

1 Like

Is there any optimal solution to my problem right now? Is it possible to store and collect data using the card file method, implement the Zettelkasten method in Anytype? Very necessary for me :worried:

Hi @Konstantin, I think you already saw a topic here with some notes on the current limitations of Anytype regarding the Zettelkasten method:

What @qualquertipo mentions, it is not possible at the moment to tag Blocks (paragraph as text block, or PDF block, or image block, etc.) because they are not treated as Objects. Check out @qualquertipo’s post about their take on Blocks vs Objects.

I think it is possible to implement the Zettelkasten method in Anytype:

• You can reference every Object with inline @-mentions, or by creating a new Object using the / slash menu, or turn existing text Blocks into a new Object.
  • You can checkout the links to your Object using the Navigation overview

What might make this difficult based on what you mention in your original post is that tagging is limited to Objects, and individual Blocks cannot be tagged.

Yes, I’ve seen this topic. The number of Anytype users is increasing. Perhaps someone was able to find the optimal way out, as it was in Neptune or Obsidian. Updating data, ideas. :wink: