RTL Languages

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

Some languages such as “Arabic” is right to left, although there is right align, some symbols such as commas and brackets if was written at the end of the sentence it is written at the left not the right as it suppose to + the writing indicator is at the left not at the right too
also when using bullet or number list, it stay at the left and only the text change to the right

++ If there is an option to make the default Align RTL or LTR would be a great add

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

There should be an option “if not automatic” to change writing from LTR to RTL

REAL WORLD USE CASES

It will help to be more international as sometimes I have to write in Arabic, but sometimes if it is too long it’s hard to use “Anytype” as I have to change the align each Object and punctuation and symbols are weird

1 Like

Hi @osama, thanks for the suggestion! RTL is partially supported. I don’t use RTL’s myself, so I can’t say for sure, but I believe the alignment is set based on the language used to type, after which you can adjust the alignment manually using the styling options.

I’m not sure if what you describe is maybe more a bug, but I like your suggestion to allow the user to set the default alignment based on their preference, so let’s keep this request open as is :slight_smile:

1 Like