Respecting Type restrictions for the Object Relation on Android and iOS

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
On the Desktop client, functionality exists to restrict a Object Relation to picking objects of a specific Type. The presented options for the Object Relation therefore only show Objects of the specified Types to be displayed.

How the Type restriction is set on the Desktop client

When picking a Type, the Desktop client only displays objects which matches the criteria of the Object’s Type.

However, when opening the same Object Relation on the Android client, the Object Type is not restricted, showing all objects in existence, not just those which match the specified criteria, making choosing an object rather difficult and convoluted.

This Object Relation is restricted to a specific Object type: Country. However, as this functionality is not implemented into the Android client, all objects are displayed.

Describe the solution you’d like
I’d appreciate functionality to be implemented into the Android app to respect the Object Type specified for an Object Relation.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
It’s always possible to search for one specific Object that you desire, yet, it’d be more convenient to have the Android behavior to match the Desktop client’s.

1 Like

This appears to have been implemented on the Android version of Anytype in the latest 0.5.1 update. However, as this hasn’t been implemented across all Anytype clients, including on iOS, I’ll keep this open for now. I’ll update the post to reflect that.