Request new account to clear all Anytype data or in case of lost passphrase

Today we are making available a process for requesting a new Anytype account. You may want to do this if:

• You have too much old data in your account and you want to start over
    • You have lost your Anytype passphrase and cannot login anymore

If You Want to Start Over

We realize that a working delete feature has been missing for a while. Because of the distributed nature of Anytype’s data model and the interlinking between objects that is possible, handling deletion is more complex than it seems. In the meantime, we’d like to provide some method of clearing out all the testing junk in your workspace, if you need it. Currently the only way to do this is to actually move to a new Anytype ID. This is a drastic measure, so we want to be sure you understand the consequences before you do it.

• You will lose all contents of your current Anytype account and will not be able to access it again
    • This option is only offered once per user
    • Be sure to record the passphrase you are given after you use the new invite code and keep it in a safe place. If you lose it, you will permanently lose access to all data in that account.

If you have read the above and still want to reset your account, please post your current Anytype ID as a reply to this topic below (from the Home screen go to the Help Menu -> Anytype ID and copy/paste). Your Anytype ID cannot be used by anyone to access your data, so there is no security concern with posting it here.

Anytype ID

The Anytype ID is the regular identification method that is used to match with the keychain phrase. This allows us to understand if a user exists (just that) and can provision users to delete their encrypted data from our servers by request & consent that all their information will be deleted.

The Anytype ID serves no purpose except for verifying a users existence and cannot be used to recover an Account.

If You Have Lost Access to Anytype

If you have lost access to Anytype, and do not have your passphrase available, you will also need a new account, but you will not be able to provide an Anytype ID. In this case, and only this case, please email support@anytype.io with your forum name, any alternate email addresses you used with Anytype, and your Telegram name, if applicable.

5 Likes

A7AYjVkWcaAVXARjKN33VF8cveQRXTaoGCAJNYCUcgAQxJRW

I lost access to my Anytype account as my computer, well, basically broke a few months back. Since then, I’ve been wanting to continue to participate in the testing but unable to do so. I guess I’ll mail the support address you linked, thanks. Unfortunately, it looks like I missed a lot so I need some catching up to do.

Oops, I better delete this comment.

A7kfZoz5Yzy5df33HgupktF81TMDrf67TtwThXf39aWQUzYe

A7S8hg8FwWTyzP928EVXrrAmtUjnp8xK4H2kBj2P7HJ38Fuu

A8N4PRBDJGHXeJ6NXSY7Ww11yzGmJ6cDWaDMijcRLYQ4LArD

A7qxS26ocHW6bFZkQ5zhrynkyQxSGRLusNmsd1Sd4n2dLQ6Q

A7KK7bRV93MPjM5ENPDCRfeiPBtKg28uNsFWRoRVWsabjzMy

Thanks!