Recent edited objects as recent objects in search pane

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

Search pane is a very good access point to recently used objects. Appreciate Anytype team for bringing recently opened objects there.
However, recently opened objects don’t accurately represent recently used objects. Recently edited objects are also recent objects.

With the (heavy) use of set/collection, users often don’t open objects to edit it. And thus, once users leave the set/collection and want to access the specific edited objects, users have to:

• open the sidebar to find the recently edited list
  • or type the name and find that object from the pile of all objects.

Therefore, it would be nice if we could easily access recently edited objects.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

• Combine both recently edited and recently opened list of objects to be displayed at search pane
  • Allow users to decide the desired list of objects at search pane

REAL WORLD USE CASES

With several sets with filter of ‘done’ hidden from display on my dashboard, I very often amend/input objects and mark ‘done’ to get rid of them and declutter my homepage.

However, once I mark done, sometimes even mistakenly marked done, I lost quick access to these objects. If recently edited objects are enable, I could easily cmd+s, arrow down once to access it.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

Make recently opened / recent edited lists of objects into ‘real/default objects’ like the ‘everything set’, so users can access it there. This is useful regardless of this feature request.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

• Last edited object should be enabled as the option for homepage at space setting as well.

• There is possibly a need to manage the naming discrepancy between ‘recently opened / edited’ list and set with ‘last opened date/last modified date’ relation, when these two are literally the same things.

• To determine the order/sequence of objects from two relations of date/time, one system of time and date might be required.

• This can be a maze-like alternative to the keyboard shortcut for homepage like home screen feature request.