Quick-access to linked pages/objects

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.

Basically I have to do extra steps to go to and from linked pages/objects.

Describe the solution you’d like

If the page/object has enough blank space in the wide plane I’d love to see the linked pages (from and to) there without having to click on the little icon on top to discover it. Of course the option should also stay there to maybe show meaningful information or when the page/object is so wide that there is no space to put the components there.

The ideal solution would include this as toggle option so people maybe if you want to focus on the current page/object or you don’t like that showing up all the time then you can toggle it off.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered

Doing extra clicks :stuck_out_tongue:

Additional context

I’ve attached a mock-up of more or less what I’d like to see (please ignore my not-so-good GIMP skills):

1 Like

I don’t think it would be good to have navigation pane always visible inside page. That would be kind of distracting when I am focusing on writing some notes.

They have already implemented shortcut to access navigation page(ctrl+o) which is very fast to access.

Just sharing my opinion

I understand, that’s why I proposed it as an option, for me actually would help a lot having them, I find myself constantly opening that modal and having to do extra clicks to actually go inside the object after navigating.

Maybe toggle this view on/off with the shortcut?

Hitting CTRL+O twice should close the navigation pane again, btw.

2 Likes

This is basically one particular feature that could be a part of: https://community.anytype.io/t/-/1071