Promote Anytype in China

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

I’ve tried Anytype for weeks and I highly recommend it to people around me. But unfortunately, they have never heard of Anytype because Youtube and Twitter are forbidden in China. So I hope you can sign up an account in Chinese platform to promote this fantastic app. And I can offer some help to build a community or do some translation.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

I recommend you to register an account on Weibo (https://www.weibo.com) to post some news. (You can think of it as the Chinese version of Twitter). Futher more, you can also share your articles on Zhihu(https://www.zhihu.com),which is a platform for knowledge-sharing.Last but not least, I highly recommend you to sign up a Bilibili(https://www.bilibili.com) account, it’s Chinese version of Youtube and you can reupload your videos with CN-subtitles.

WHAT I CAN DO

I can offer some help to translate and reupload your posts. Also, I can cooperate with you to manage the account and build the Anytype community in China

7 Likes

I think this would be great!
I love the people of China!
AnyType would be a good way to protect your data if you are living in China.

1 Like

@Charlotte this sounds interesting for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

没有好的交流群,还用不利索,要是有中文版的介绍视频就好了,notion铺天盖地的视频,anytype寥寥无几

1 Like

尤其是在2020年的时候,我看到过一些推广anytype的视频和文章。
不过相较于国内外的很多笔记工具来说,anytype还无法做到轻松,易用。有一大批类似notion的应用像雨后春笋一般快速崛起并且占领了很多用户。本地笔记用户更多的使用obsidian,思源笔记,logseq等。
作为具有潜力的消费市场,这里值得您投入更多的目光。

Especially in 2020, I have seen some videos and articles promoting anytype. However, compared to many note-taking tools in China and abroad, anytype still cannot be easily and conveniently used. A large number of applications similar to Notion have risen rapidly like bamboo shoots after a rain and occupied many users. Local note users use more obsidian, source notes, logseq, etc. As a potential consumer market, it is worth your attention here.

2 Likes

Related, a competitor app being developed in China in the inverse situation (quite advanced, but very unknown outside of China):

To be honest, I have tried siyuan for around a year (i subscribed the yearly premium as well), but gave it up at last.
Different from other note-taking apps (such as Obsidian and Notion), siyuan only supports “(())”,instead of “[[]]”, which is not easy for “Migration of notes” (maybe it has addressed this problem right now, but I don’t want to waste my time to try a “new” app)
And what annoys me most is that siyuan has created a brand new file format—'.sy '. So everytime I create a new file, it must be with end of .sy . As a result, I couldn’t easily read my notes on another device. Sadly, MOST of my notes are the format of markdown , and frequent imports and exports are my least favorite. So I excluded the scope of long-term use of this software.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the input here, we definitely appreciate that a huge number of our current alpha testers come from China, even with our very limited marketing and exposure on Chinese web sites/search engines. Happy to have your support in helping with translations & other ideas - @CalvinG we’ll have a talk next week and see what we can manage :slight_smile: :heart: