Problems scrolling within a Set on Android - Adding bidirectional scrolling

Describe the bug
Scrolling within a Set with many columns is difficult, as it can only scroll in the X and Y axis, not both at the same time. To scroll to a different direction, the finger must be taken off the screen and a deliberate swipe in the desired direction is required. This makes navigating Sets cumbersome on mobile.

To Reproduce

1. Open a Set with enough columns so it requires scrolling in the x-axis (right/left) to view.
  2. Try to scroll in one axis, then try to scroll to another. Alternatively, try scrolling in a circular motion.

Expected behavior
The expected behavior would be to scroll in both axis at the same time, not just one axis at the same time. Other applications follow this behavior, such as spreadsheet, image and browser apps.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Samsung SM-N971N
  • Anytype Version: 0.4.0 alpha

Additional context
Here’s a video demonstrating Anytype’s scrolling behavior (one direction at a time only), and browser scrolling behavior (both directions at a time)

https streamable.com/7nkmup
Streamable Video

3 Likes

Thank you for reporting this! I moved your post to feature requests as right now it is how scrolling works on Android app, our developers will take a look and see what can be done.

I think this is a personal preference. I would prefer a setting to be added that allows a user to choose between two directional scrolling and omnidirectional scrolling. :slight_smile:

1 Like