Problem with Chinese input on Windows

Describe the bug
Can NOT input Chiness by any soft keyboards (include the ios default chiness input method)
There is a similar problem on the Windows desktop, but it is not so serious (as long as you enter fast enough, it is okay)

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to ANYWHERE that can input
  2. Try to input some chiness by press keys on keyboard (NOT copy-parst)

lets say I input by press “n” - “i” - “[space]” , i want a “你” (means “you”) but get “nni”(NOT “ni”,when i press n, gets n, then press i,gets ni)

Expected behavior
“你”

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: iPhone 13 mini, iPad mini 6
  • Anytype Version: 0.7.0 (iOS)

Additional context

On Windows, if i press “n” - “i” - “[space]” quickly(before the underline disapear), i get “你”

1 Like

Hello there! It appears as if the issue with Chinese input has been fixed with Anytype iOS 0.9.0, so I’ll remove the iOS tag from this issue and update the title to reflect that.

I’ve attempted to replicate the issue with the Chinese (Simplified) Pinyin input method on Mac, and I haven’t been able to do so - but I don’t have access to a Windows PC. I’ll edit the post to reflect that and keep this open.

Describe the bug
I find that when I type Chinese pinyin in the description of sets, a short pause causes the pinyin entered to become English characters instead of Chinese characters in time, so I can’t type Chinese characters I don’t know if this is anytype’s problem or my computer’s problem …

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a new set
  2. Type in Chinese pinyin in the description and wait a moment

anytype

Expected behavior
I can type Chinese normally in the description of sets.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Lenovo
  • Anytype Version: 0.22.3

I’ve encountered this problem, too. I think it has to do with the sync feature?

Yes I reproduced this on 0.24.0 too, you can’t write in any script that needs a selection to be made after typing (chinese and japanese for sure).