Pasted images now doesnt show by default

Describe the bug
When using Greenshot to make a screenshot, and selecting the option “copy to clipboard”. Then…
grafik

… when pasting into anytype it shows this:
grafik

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Make Screenshot with Greenshot
  2. Select “copy to clipboard”
  3. Paste into anytype

Expected behavior
Antype showing the image.

System Information:

• Anytype Version: 0.23.5
8 Likes

I think pasting any image doesn’t work, not only Greenshot (e.g. Win + Shift + S or images from a website).

I’m trying out Anytype on WIndows currently.
This is working on Linux.

If you click on the 3 dot menu to the left of the image object and select Appearance: “Show as embed”

1 Like

You are right. It the showed the image.
Since its displayed on linux by default and shows the size of “0B” i assumed, that something was wrong here.
When pasting an image to show only the link doesnt really make sense to me.

1 Like

Okay. Just tested this on Linux again. Also the same behaviour.
Why was this changed?
A simple paste worked before.

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing the same behavior on MacOS 12.2, Anytype 0.23.5. All pasted images are now “image.jpg” with a filesize of 0 KB, but, as stated here by others before, manually changing the Appearance to “Show as embed” will show the image as a proper embed.

However, the “Show as embed” setting is not preserved, meaning that subsequent image pastes will default to “Show as link”. Prior to a certain version, this behavior worked as expected, showing images as embedded blocks.

I also have the same issue on MacOS 12.2.1 and Anytype 0.24. Having to switch all pasted images to “show as embed” manually makes it pointless. Why not simple embed with copy paste?

Describe the bug
When taking a screenshot in macOS and pasting it into anytype, I get a placeholder which says: “Image.png 0B”

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Press Control (⌃) + Shift (⇧) + Command (⌘) + 4
  2. Select an area to take a screenshot
  3. Command (⌘) + V on a Page within anytype

Expected behavior
Taken screenshot should be pasted and displayed within the app, like adding a picture.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Apple
  • Anytype Version: 0.24.0

The behaviour is now back to “show as embed” in 0.25.0