Page search brings up wrong page

I am trying to do a page search for the word “stake” which is in one of my page but instead of bringing up that page it brings up a different page where the keyword is not on (I even checked the version history). The page it points me to does contain the works stock and that makes me wonder if that triggers it to show that page.

I am using version 0.16.4 on OS X

And I do hope we soon get a search that can search all my pages instead of me going to a page to search that page :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, that’s why it is popping out in results.

I’ve checked several times and found a possible problem. We made a search to show results with possible typos and full-text search (so options with stock can be shown with query stake), but we forgot to make a re-sorting after that to show the best match on top.

We enhancement this feature to the list, thanks!

3 Likes

@vova_ermolaev Could my case be related to this, by any chance? Please see the screenshots below.

1. I type efficien. A page shows up in search results. The page contains the word efficiency.

1. I add the last character and search for efficient. It is a completely different page this time that includes efficient. I would imagine this page should have always been in the search results.

@BGray we almost did a new semantic search with index enhancements that work on the new logic. I hope it will be in the next release in a week

2 Likes

I do hope that there will be a update for search because from the home screen it seem impossible to find stuff that is not just on the top of a page.

1 Like

@George we faced some problems during the implementation, so there is a delay.

But now it won’t take long and soon a new version of search will be released.

2 Likes