Describe the bug
When creating a new page block in a page (‘page’ or ‘note’), you can change Appearance by clicking the bar icon on the left, and select text or card. However, once the text style of the page block is changed, the Appearance option disappears, and the text or card mode can no longer be selected.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Create a new page link
- Click on the three dot menu, the appearance option is avalible
- Change the text style
- Click on the three dot menu, the appearance option is not longer avalible
- Revert the change back to original style
- Click on the three dot menu, the appearance option is not avalible
- OS: Windows 10 21H1
- Device Manufacturer/Model: Intel i7 10th, RTX 2060, laptop
- Anytype Version: 0.26.1
This involves two aspects:
- Changing the text style of a page block doesn’t seem to change the type of the block, so what people can do with the block shouldn’t be changed. However, in fact, when you click the bar icon on the left for the page block created for the first time, you can choose Appearance and without the Turn into Object option; it seems unreasonable to display Turn into Object and without the Appearance option for the page block whose text style has been changed;
- Initially I hoped to solve the problem by clicking Turn into Object to turn the page block back into a page (although it was originally a page), but I found out that the Turn into Object option actually does the job is creating a new page with the same title as the page block , and move this page block to the new page. I’m not a native English speaker, but in my understanding this operation should be “Put into Object” but not “Turn into Object”.