My Meetings workflow - Appropriate Objects to use?

Hi, I am new here, please be gentle…(I have never used kanban boards, notion or other similar things - apart from Wiki trees and Joplin)

I have watched many videos and love the concepts shown but I am kind of stumped in how to implement my meeting workflow and especially in choosing the appropriate objects to use - especially in OverView pages for meetings or technologies involved. Hopefully the below will make sense and someone brighter than me can give some suggestions :wink:

What I am looking for is something for my customer meetings workflow.

I have three types of humans : colleagues, partners and customers
I have three types of Organisations : partners, customers and myCompany

I have three types of meetings :
internal only (humans - colleagues)
partner only (humans - colleagues and partners)
customer (humans - colleagues and customers (sometimes partners))

I have 4 types of technologies : A, B, C, D

I want to record each customer(Organisation) meeting :
who was there (humans) and (Organisations)
type of meeting
technologies involved/discussed
meeting notes (include date/time)
action points (to do, doing, done)
action assignments (human)

I want each meeting note to be available in a Organisation view (Set?) or a Technology view which lists :
all the meetings held (sorted by date)
any actions
status (pre, working, complete)

I want a daily and weekly Task view which will include meetings actions, action assignments and who is assigned (+ other things)

extras…:
be in a meeting an be able to add a human which doesn’t already exist

Does this seem reasonable and achievable?

1 Like

Hi @urbanbushcraft! You are on the right track with objects - Human, Organisation, Technology and Meetings. The next object you need is a Task.

The 2 main sets would be Meetings and Tasks. Once you add relations (AKA properties or labels) then you use filters to reduce the visible objects to those that have a specific relation. If you have experience with spreadsheets like Excel or Google sheets, think of objects as the item you want to keep track of and relations as the labels in a header row that allow you to sort or filter your data.

In the Meetings set, create a new relation “Related Organisation”and choose Relation Type as Object (shapes icon). Then limit the object type to Organisation. Doing this allows you to choose from only Organisations vs a super long list of all objects. Do the same for Related Technology.

You can now reuse Related Organisation and Related Technology in your Tasks set. To get a daily or weekly view of tasks, filter the Tasks set by a Due Date relation and choose Is within Today or Is within Current week. You can also reuse the meetings or tasks sets as inline sets on an Organisation page, just filter for that organisation only.

Adding a non-existent human isn’t possible yet when you are using a relation such as Attendees limited to Human object.

Let me know if I need to clarify more.

1 Like

Thanks for the response - it is good to know that I am heading in the correct direction.

I will continue building and I especially like the concept of the “related organisation” thanks for that.

I will update with a view of what I achieve or further questions if I have any.

1 Like

@urbanbushcraft glad to hear my writing made sense. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m newish to Anytype as well, and I’m finding it hard to explain things without using the word “type” and it not becoming confusing! Would be great to see what you come up with as this is probably a common business use case.