More Sophisticated Filters

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
Filters in its current state seems to be a boolean AND of all the filters added. What I would love is to be able to establish relations between the filters myself, so that I can then filter if say Linked Projects contains Something or Linked project is empty. Right now, it is not possible to this or that kind of filter

Describe the solution you’d like
A formula like bar above the list of filters where the user can specify how they are applied. For starters, it would be great to have the three fundamental boolean operations, AND, OR and NOT. There are not filters already existing, so if this feature ever gets implemented, the existing not filters such as not equals etc can be removed so that the user can just add a NOT by themselves if required. This would also allow one to have a complex filter which would be useful when the number of objects in a set is high and / or when Creating of set by relation is released

9 Likes

+1, I would love to see this improvement as well! It seems the current way of filtering within Sets is always AND. Addition of OR (and NOT as suggested above) would make Set views a lot more functional.

1 Like

Good one. I was just assuming this would happen, but it’s a good idea to request it.

1 Like