More advance search option

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

I recommend adding a new more advanced search window or replacing the current search with those one.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

This more advanced search would open in a normal window, just how the graph or flow windows do, and you would also be able to full screen it. The current search already searches trough the object canvas, but this is currently not shown in the UI whatsoever. This search should show you exactly where and which words it’s looking up bellow the object title.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

The current search is great for quick searches, but if I want to search my whole vault for some keywords, a more permanent window is preferable since the current search just disappears whenever you click outside it.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

Obsidian Omnisearch
This is a Obsidian plugin that looks similar to the current Anytype search, but has more advanced features.

1 Like

@Filip we want to make search as powerful as our sets and even considering to merge them in singular entity. For now if you want advanced search consider using sets. Also we will add more sets query capabilities on a couple of product releases.

1 Like

Hmm, that sounds like a great idea, but this is honestly more about the current search and it’s UI.