Mood/habit tracker visualization as a new layout

Hello there,

I am a recent user of Anytype and it feels great. I decided to go with this tool after testing other tools, mainly for the P2P and offline features. Im using Anytype for journaling among other things so I have created my own template with specific tags to track mood, health status and other things.

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

My recommendation is to implement a way to see, in a general way and based on the tag colour, the information logged in those daily entries. I have seen several apps offering this kind of visualization for Mood Tracking because at the end of the day you want to have a general view of your month compared to other months (so a yearly view is perfect).

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

IMHO, the fastest way to implement this is to provide a new Layout view for a set, similar to gallery but where you can order by month, reduce the size of the cells, and select a tag for colouring those cells.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

I have seen several use cases in real life for people using this view. Mood tracking is the classic example but they are very common in people tracking habits in general. For example people that logs how many drinks took in a day, people tracking chronic diseases (ie. the status of a dermatitis, headaches, allergies, etc…), people tracking their productivity levels… The idea is to simply identify patterns and trends through the year and makes decision based on that.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

For now, I have created a diary entries set + a page where I add:

NAME OF THE MONTH
INLINE SET + Filter from day 1 to day 31

NAME OF THE MONTH
INLINE SET + Filter from day 1 to day 31

This work as a workaround, but it is not optimal.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

You can see a example in here: https://moodistory.com/
Or an excel sheet:

This is something that people is using a lot in journaling and it is not present yet in notion or obsidian neither, so I think it could be also a novel implementation for Anytype.

Hope you find thins interesting!
Thanks in advance

Hi, a yearly calendar view is coming up. Some of the things you mentioned sounds like they could be improvements for that view. :slightly_smiling_face: