Maximised screen acts like Full screen mode

Describe the bug

When the app is in maximised screen, it acts like it is in full screen. This means that (since I use a disappearing task bar) I cannot access my taskbar or receive certain notifications when using the app in maximised mode. It is still a windowed application however, so it does not look like it is in full screen, only acts that way.

Furthermore, the button does not actually change to indicate whether the app is currently maximised or floating. This is confusing to explain by text so I have attached a photo of how the button looks while in floating mode, compared to how the same button looks on other apps in the same mode, to show you what I mean.

This is how the buttons on anytype look when the app is floating.

This is how it looks on other apps in the same mode.

To Reproduce

Click the restore / maximise button at the top right hand button next to the x button.

Expected behavior

Maximised mode should not function as full screen. So, I should still be able to bring up taskbar and see notifications when I am in this mode.

The button should also change to indicate which mode the app is currently in, floating or maximised.

Desktop (please complete the following information):

• Device: Windows 10 laptop
  • Version: 0.18.58
8 Likes

Partially related: https://community.anytype.io/t/-/1087

I had the same issue with the taskbar when I used disappearing taskbar and now that I have it as normal. I can’t change between apps or check the time for example.

This is what it looks like it now.

• Device: Windows 10 20H2
  • Version: 0.18.59

Edit: This doesn’t happen on win7

Edit2: It does happens on win7 ;-;

@irdinamaztura @floseq Thank you for your notice! It has been added to the bug tracker!

1 Like

I can still reproduce that on windows 10

Device: Lenovo THinkpad T495s

anytpye-version: 0.20.9

2 Likes

@alsmnn Unfortunately, we haven’t fixed this yet

1 Like

If working with Anytype maximized it hides the taskbar even it is set to be always visible.

To reproduce just hit the maximize button and you’ll see the taskbar dissapear.

Desktop (laptop)
Windows 10
Version 0.23.5

Describe the bug
I also have this problem on my desktop side (maximizing the window goes straight to full screen), plus the maximize button doesn’t change before or after you click it.

Also, when I add a note, if I use a small window, the note page takes up the whole window and there is no interactive exit button except for the “Esc” key.
The images are shown below, Figure 1 is my screenshot in small window mode without “Open as object” (abnormal), Figure 2 is a screenshot in large window mode without “Open as object” (normal), Figure 3 is a screenshot in small window mode with “Open as object” (normal),the design of the small window mode in Figure 1 should be the same as Figure 3.

Expected behavior

• Improve the maximize window button (if the original intention of the design is full screen, you can additionally add a full screen button)
  • Modify the icon before and after the maximize button is clicked to show the status
  • Display the same content as full screen in the case of a small window (before using Open as object) instead of just spreading the window to show the notes page (and without back and exit buttons)

Desktop (please complete the following information):

• Device: Windows 10 laptop
  • Version: 0.23.5
1 Like

This bug is solved, thanks to the latest update v0.24.0

1 Like

Now if we can only get the maximize icon to show, instead of always the minimize one.

1 Like

Yep for sure, but I admit that it is not as much a priority as this buggy maximized mode could be !

1 Like