Making "Bookmark" an "original object type"

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

bookmarks should be like every other object type which means:

• you can change the object type of any object into a bookmark
  • you can change a bookmark into any other object type
  • (a similar request was already posted here save bookmarks as another type)
  • you can create templates for bookmarks (like when you past a link you can decide which template you wanna use)
  • this would also mean drag and drop blocks into a (linked) bookmark
  • as well as using the “move to” option for blocks to move them directly into a bookmark
  • this would also mean bookmarks have the same appearance options like every other object type
    (also mentioned here appearance options for bookmarks / Bookmark size / Improving the bookmarks function
  • (open bookmarks with one click like all other objects. Because it would lose the purpose of opening the bookmark source in the browser a simple additional button would work. Or the action menu option “open as object” and “open link” appears when clicking on an object/bookmark (which wouldnt be one click but still easier then clicking on the little action button first)

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

Just create another stock object type from Anytype called bookmark : D maybe with the source link fixed.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

it would make a lot of things a lot easier when bookmarks are really treated like an original object type.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

I wanted to create feature requests for every single points but I realized everything I want is a normal object type called bookmarks made and released by Anytype with maybe only the source link fixed as difference. All points mentioned are already implemented for normal object types. I hope this makes sense @kerbless @Angelo

5 Likes

Makes sense for me! Thank you for the feature request.

2 Likes