Make the Relations easy to move

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

Relations are bound to Objects

The object concept shows that it is very flexible. In general, Object’s range is easy to adjust, you don’t feel scruple “How range big that I need include” that when you create Object. On the other hand, Relations is rigid: cannot move from the Object. This limits the freedom of the content in the object: relation arise from the content, but if I’ve already bound the relation, I can’t move the content freely, thus limiting the flexibility of the object. So Relations need to be elevated to the same level of flexibility as Objects.
Anytype-demo_transRelations-202303

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

Add more features to make Relations easy to move.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

I had created a feedback that I detailed how I came up with the idea, and I put it below.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

“Design a button to be placed on the Object’s Relations page to import the relations, which you can use when setting up the object for the first time.”

These were my initial thoughts, but I now think that any intuitive function can improve this feature. sample:

• Add a move option to the Relations menu of the original Object, or complete a similar function in the Relations library.
  • Move Relations block to page block can move Relations to page instead of only move this block to page.
    Anytype-demo_transRelationsHalf-202303

If there are new ideas can also be proposed.

Another, there is no parent-child concept in Anytype, I think that these relations should be display differently on Graph view, because between these objects have the stronger connection. (should be proposed by another feature request)

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

1 Like