MacOS toolbar icon is black instead of white

WHAT IS THE BUG

This is a duplicate of Mac app toolbar icon on dark toolbar. The old report was closed, so I created a new one. Here is what’s wrong:

I am still not satisfied with the icon color in toolbar. When switching to dark mode, the icon turns white which is good. But for all the other apps i use, the icon is white all the time. Why not do the same for Anytype? I really don’t get it. :thinking:
White all the time makes sense to me because it creates a uniform look and does not cause a bug when having an app in fullscreen. See screenshots, they are both in light mode. No matter which app i open in fullscreen, toolbar turns black and therefore icon “disappears”.

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

1. Have system appearance on light mode
  2. Check that Anytype toolbar icon is black
  3. Open any app in fullscreen.
  4. See that Anytype icon is not visible
  5. I was able to provide you a screenshot of the bug, here it is:
    Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 15.14.57 (No fullscreen)
    Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 15.15.03 (App in fullscreen)

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

Anytype icon should always be white (imo). At least for MacOS, everything else would be against the standard. Thats why it causes trouble when app is in fullscreen. Is there a reason the designers chose black instead of white? :thinking:

SYSTEM INFORMATION

MacOS Ventura 13.2.1
  • Device:
    MacBook Pro M1
  • Anytype Version:

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

2 Likes

This report has been added to our issue tracker and received by the Development Team.

Still present in 0.31.36-beta on MacOS.

Note that the color of the MacOS menubar icons is dependent on the background and change based on contrast. If the background is dark, the icons magically are light and vice versa. I say magically because I don’t know technically how the change is triggered — the point is that they are not always white or black. See below.

1 Like

This is interesting, thanks for pointing this out @christian.freet! :man_detective:

I never noticed this before because for me the icons are white all the time (probably due to my background, as you found out). Anyways, as you can see in the screenshots above, something is still not right with the icon color.

Agreed. This is clearly still a bug, although maybe the tags attached to it are limiting. This is not specific to dark mode. Thanks.

1 Like

Still the case in v.0.32.0

This issue has been fixed by the Development Team and will be implemented in an upcoming release.

Yay, finally fixed in version: 0.32.17-beta

Thanks, @Razor! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: