Latex for Android does not correctly display chemical equations

Describe the bug
When a Latex block including a chemical equation (for example, \ce{C6H5-CHO}) is viewed on mobile, it does not render correctly, leaving just the raw string.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a Latex block on desktop with a chemical equation command (\ce)
  2. Go on Android and view the Latex block that has been created.

Expected behavior
I expected the Latex block to render as it does on desktop, but this does not seem to be the case for viewing Latex on mobile.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: SM-N971N
  • Anytype Version: 0.4.0

Additional context
It appears to only happen with chemical equations. Other Latex commands are rendered correctly on mobile.

On mobile:

1 Like

@eugene the topic below seems to be a potential duplicate:

Could you comment on whether there are any (undocumented) limitations of /LaTeX blocks on Android?

Heya,

I have written some notes for my linear algebra class but encountered a regarding LaTeX on my Android.

The bug:
I made some latex thingy thingies but larger chunks won’t render. I can see only the source text. There is no problem with smaller blocks tho.

To Reproduce
Make notes with LaTeX
Open on Android
See what comes out of it if the input is larger

Expected behavior
Small blocks are perfectly fine. Larger ones do not render - only source text is visible.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Motorola moto g9 power
  • Anytype Version: 0.4.4

Hope my description is satisfactory. I am uploading picture as well. I have highlighted a working and a nonworking LaTeX block

See ya!

1 Like

This can be reproduced on Anytype for Windows 0.26.1 and Anytype for Android 0.8.2.

LaTeX blocks created on Windows do not render properly on Android.

1 Like

@edwards thank you! Report added to tracker

1 Like

@edwards Do you still have this issue or the chemical equations are rendering properly now with the latest version of Anytype android?

Chemical equations still seem to have trouble rendering on Android unfortunately. Other Latex formulas seem to work fine, though.

1 Like