LaTeX - autofill, curly braces

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
Inserting LaTeX-Formulas currently is very annoying because of two reasons while using autofill:

• When using autofill, the cursor stays at the position where i used autofill (and not after the inserted command).
  • Autofill isn’t inserting curly braces. This makes writing formulas very slow.

Describe the solution you’d like
I would like autofill to auto add the curly braces and move the cursor between between the braces.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
Adding these manually and moving the cursor manually is very slow so adding formulas wouldn’t be a pleasure :sweat_smile:.

Hi @Samann, just to be clear your request is to wrap formula in curly brackets and set the cursor to the end brace, am i right?
Current:
Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 18.44.54
Expected:
Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 18.45.01

Not exactly. Sorry, I should have made it more clearly by using screenshots.
The current behavior after confirming the suggested command:

is the following:
Bildschirmfoto von 2022-08-08 19-35-37

I would expect that either:

1. the cursor is after the the “m” at the end of “\dbinom”, or

2. (what is a common feature in other LaTeX-editors like TeXStudio) to create the right amount of curly braces according to the command. So “\dbinom” takes two arguments, so two pairs of curly braces are being created with the cursor in the middle of the first pair:
    Bildschirmfoto von 2022-08-08 19-40-47

3. or the command is directly filled with placeholders when confirming the autofill. There the first argument is directly highlighted so when you begin to type, you directly are replacing the first argument:
    Bildschirmfoto von 2022-08-08 19-28-31
    Then by pressing “tab”, the cursor is moved between the curly brackets in the next argument and the content is selected so you can simply begin to type to fill the second argument.

Sorry for the confusing first post. I hope I could clarify my suggestion :sweat_smile:

2 Likes