Keyboard shortcut to move blocks

WHAT IS THE BUG

I used Cmd + Shift + :arrow_up::arrow_down: arrow to move blocks but it is not working anymore since the last 2 updates.ᅟ

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

1. Open a page and select a block in the page
  2. Use the keyboard shortcut the move the block either up or down
  3. Observe that the block does not move with keyboard shortcut and has to be moved with mouse/trackpad.
  4. I was able to provide you a video capture of the bug, here it is:

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

The keyboard shortcut should work for smooth workflow

SYSTEM INFORMATIONS

macOS
  • Device:
    MacBook Pro M1
  • Anytype Version:

@lynxlove @edwards Could you guys reproduce the bug on your side?

The feature works fine on Windows, so it may be macOS related only.

The bug doesn’t seem to be present on my Mac on 12.5 - I can move blocks with my keyboard cursor focused within it without problem with Command + Shift + Arrow. Perhaps the original reporter can provide some more information?

Just to be sure, this error only occurs when the keyboard cursor is within the block you’re trying to move? I couldn’t tell exactly what was happening in the video, but it looked like you might have been trying to move a block while it was selected with the three-dot menu - that doesn’t work.

1 Like

Yea, I am able to do that,

2 main concerns

1. Moving multiple blocks together.

2. When there is an object block - say a task, then I am unable to move it as I cannot click inside the block.

I understand the video seems very bare-bones, I tried to show that when moving multiple blocks would require using the 3 dots on the block, but I went with one for representation. Hope this is helpful.

I don’t per se remember, but I think we could move multiple blocks together with the keyboard shortcut earlier.

I can’t reproduce this bug anymore.
Let me know if this is still an issue.

Closing the topic because there is no response. Please open a new topic or flag this one to be reopened if you still experience this issue.