Keyboard shortcut for moving objects

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.

I’m always frustrated when […] I select a block, and can’t move him without taking the mouse, would like to be able to to with the keyboard.

Describe the solution you’d like

CTRL+ARROW UP → moves selected blocks one step up in document

CTRL+ARROW DOWN → moves selected blocks one step down in document

CTRL+ARROW LEFT → moves selected blocks to the right column

CTRL+ARROW RIGHT → moves selected blocks to the left column

Describe alternatives you’ve considered

Can’t imagine any :slight_smile: especially up and down would be very nice

Additional context

Desktop :wink:

4 Likes

We have such a shortcut for half of cases at least. Please, try CTRL+Shift+UP/DOWN

Is it possible to move block trees up and down in the same level, or depth (ie. without nesting them in other trees)?

For example, in a situation like this:

If the cursor is on the Lone block, I’d expect CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN to move it down between Parent 1 and Parent 2 (ie. it would appear above Parent 2), and at the same level/depth as them.

If the cursor is on Parent 2, I’d expect CTRL+SHIFT+UP to move it on top of Parent 1

The current behaviour (nesting) is useful, but I’d use it much less than the same-level movement I describe above…

Is this planned?

I did another post about this awhile ago (I think at the time the behaviour I describe did happen in certain cases, which is why I say it’s “inconsistent”):

It would be great to be able to select multiple blocks with the keyboard and also being able to move them arround like in Notion.

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 01.06.19

1 Like