How to Join the Anytype Community
This Community is a special club just for Anytypers. Find your invite inside the ? button in the app.
Rules of Conduct / Member Expectations
Treat each other with respect and refrain from engaging in personal attacks, insults, or discriminatory language. We promote a culture of inclusivity and open-mindedness.
No spamming or self-promotion: Don’t post irrelevant or promotional content that doesn’t contribute to the community’s discussions.
Communicate clearly and constructively. Offensive or vulgar language won’t be tolerated.
Stay on topic: Off-topic discussions can be disruptive. Keep contributions relevant to the Community’s purpose and topics.
Respect privacy: Respect of each other’s privacy is of the utmost importance. Sharing personal information about others without their consent, any form of doxxing or stalking, is prohibited.
No trolling or disruptive behavior: We have a zero-tolerance policy for trolling, harassment, or any other form of disruptive behavior. Members who engage in such behavior will be banned.
Provide constructive feedback and engage in meaningful discussions. We want to foster an environment where constructive criticism is welcomed, as long as it is respectful and beneficial to the community.
Finally and most importantly, please assist and support each other as much as possible. Documentation for Anytype is still in progress. Our app receives a lot new features and sometimes flows can change. You’ll likely face some challenges that you’ll need to figure out on your own, so please share the wisdom!
Before posting , please…
Visit the Top Posts to see the most actively discussed topics in the last year / month / week.
Visit the Categories to get a broad overview of what’s going on here.
Search before opening a new topic, as someone might have already created a topic.
How to File a Bug ReportTo keep all bug reports and feature requests organized, we need to adhere to a few rules and guidelines regarding the creation of topics on the forum:
- Make sure your issue is not already posted on the forum by using search. It can be quite tricky to find the relevant topics, so use multiple searches with different queries.
- Make sure your issue is reproducible (even if it’s only reproducible “sometimes”, it’s OK), as it will be very difficult for the developers to fix an issue someone once experienced one.
- Create a new topic in the Bug Reports category, provide a Title, and the following necessary tags:
- Desktop, Android, iOS
- Trail Guide (if related to the migration process)
- Any other relevant tags (there are quite a few options!)
- Follow the template and instructions to add details like steps to reproduce and print screens or screen captures where relevant
- The moderators and developers will take it from here!
Our objective is to measure the amount of individuals impacted by each bug in Anytype, but also to help us to prioritize development, optimization and fixes that are most urgent within the current time-frame.
You have 15 Votes at your disposal, of which 1 can be cast per Topic. Cast them for the Bugs that are most the inconvenient for you, or for the Features which you desire most.
Votes cast for Feature Requests will be tallied separately from Bug Reports, but generally, Topics which accumulate the most votes will be treated with higher priority.
In the categories where voting is enabled, “Likes” can only be given for comments, to avoid conflating the results of Topic Voting.
When a Feature or Fix has been implemented (and a Topic is closed), your votes will be released to you again.
Don’t waste your votes! Please refrain from voting for topics which don’t require it. If your votes are depleted, comment instead and add your vote later.
Note: Vote limits cannot be customized per category. There needs to be a feasible limit to retain their value and to assess the results of the votes in a comprehensible way. The more votes permitted, the more diluted that assessment becomes, this is the reason voting is limited to Top 15.
Top Feature Requests
- Derived Relations (Formulas)
- Support for handwritten notes
- Inline LaTeX Addition
- Make “toggle” a feature of every block instead of/in addition to a block type
- Web Clipper
- Option to apply template to an existing object
- Add a “sidebar” for viewing/editing multiple pages at once
- Larger proposal for discussion: Notification System
- Automatic Bi-directional linking + Rollups / Transclusion
- Anytype as an Android sync provider
- Ability to limit the scope of a relation
- Open attached files directly instead of downloading them
- New Type of Pages - Whiteboard/Canvas
- Add in-line calculations, the power of Excel but in free text (like Patera)
- Add an option to link blocks from other pages (also with transclusion)
- Calendar view & Timeline view
- Add Tabs to show multiple pages
- Add options to change font size and style
- Create Recurring Objects
- Web App / Web Client
- Custom Storage Location
- Mind map object/page with page/file links
- PDF Annotation
- Support for grouping in set view
- Add Tabs to the Sidebar
To track the development status of Bugs and Features, each of these categories are equipped with a regularly maintained Kanban Board.
They can also be customized to your preferences using the filter button on the left of the page.
If you have any questions, want to share feature requests or bug reports, exchange ideas, or simply chat with other Anytypers, make sure to utilize the community chat feature. It’s there for you to connect and engage with each other and the Anyteam.
The community tab is your main navigation throughout the Community. This tab has several functions:
- Everything brings you to the latest posts on your forum.
- My Posts will allow you to see the posts you have written.
- Clicking on More will expand the details, and you can perform more functions.
- To open the sidebar on Mobile, you need to press the hamburger button on the top right corner.
Categories and Tag:
Categories and tags display the tags in the sidebar for easy access. Clicking on the categories will bring you to the category you selected.
In order to edit these categories, you need to click on the pencil icon. You will be brought to the sidebar settings page, where you can select your categories.
Then, click on the plus icon and add the categories or tags that you need.
Clicking on “All categories” will bring you to the menu where all the categories are displayed. Same goes if you click on “All tags”, this will bring you to a menu with all the tags.
Messages is a quick menu that can allow you to view and compose messages. To compose messages, press the “+” button next to the Messages tab. To view messages, click on “Inbox”. If you are in a group, you may have multiple inboxes.
The Channels tab allows you to view chats which are available to you. To enter a chat, click on the channel you want to go to. To edit channels, click on the pencil icon next to “Channels.”
From there, you can edit which channels you want to join or leave.
The Personal chat tab allows you to view personal chats. To compose a new personal chat, click the “+” button next to the personal chat tab. To remove a person, click on the “X” next to the user you want to remove.
There is a section in the Preferences tab of your profile where you can edit your sidebar settings.
From there, you can edit your categories, tags, and change the way the sidebar displays new posts.
There is a setting for the blue badges next to the posts. There is also a setting to link to unread and show a count of new items.