It's hard to place something at the bottom of a column

Describe the bug
On desktop (Windows) when having multiple columns (e.g. two text-blocks next to each other) it’s incredibly difficult to drag and drop another block at the end of one of the columns. Feels like there is exactly ONE row of pixels I have to hit.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Work on a page
  2. Create a text block
  3. Create a second text block and drag it next to the first one, so they are side-by-side.
  4. Create a third text block.
  5. Now try to drag the third text block and position it under one of the first two blocks, so that it becomes part of one of the columns. (if the columns are of different length, try appending to the longer one). It’s very easy to position it under both of them so it’s not part of any column, but finding the sweet spot to place it at the bottom of one of the columns is almost impossible.

Expected behavior
The sweet spot to position a block at the bottom of a column should be larger and easier to hit.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Lenovo Thinkpad
  • Anytype Version: 0.25.4

This is easy:

This is really difficult:
hard to hit

1 Like

I think it’s OK as it is, but I agree the drop area should be bigger. There’s no reason to have it that thin.

I noticed that if you’re moving a block between two other blocks (that are on a column), then the drop area is bigger. So I guess the solution would be to make the drop area consistent. In other words, have the drop area at the end of a column (last block) to be the same as in the middle (between blocks).

It’s also easier when one of the columns is longer than the other and you try to add a block to the shorter one. Because in that case the “append to column” and “append under column-section” are not that close together.