Input the pass code anywhere on the lock screen

Is your feature request related to a problem?
Right now if your AnyType is locked, to unlock it, you have to click on the input box, which requires precision movement that is necessary.

Describe the solution you’d like
Make inputs made on the lock screen, as long as the program is focused, go directly to the pass code input

Give us a real world use case for this feature
When I leave it in the background and come back to it, I would prefer to just switch focus to the window and type my pass code, instead of also needing to select the box.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
N/A

Additional context
N/A

4 Likes

Will be shipped right into next release :sunglasses:
All thanks to @Razor

2 Likes

Was this already noted? Or is it just that fast to implement the function?

Just read this post today. Our light speed desktop dev decided it will be easer just to fix it on the go :sunglasses:
It is the power of the community forum

1 Like

Great development team.
While I have your attention, may I ask how is AnyType funded? Seeing as how fast the development is and how polished things are, I can’t imagine this entire project being cheap. Where does the money come from? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I wasn’t here when the project started if it was a kickstarter of some sort.

1 Like

See here

1 Like

The FAQ page is unavailable :grimacing:

Thanks for noticing! Could you check out doc.anytype.io? I hope you find your anwer(s) there (too)! I believe the content that was originally written in an FAQ on the forum was migrated to the doc-site.

Nope, I can’t find it. Only see an FAQ on the profit strategy, but nothing about development costs.

1 Like

Ah, my bad. I thought it was mentioned somewhere in the docs that the project is funded by VC but I can’t seem to find it…

I did find a comment from an Anytype team member about funding, and I know some comments have been made about it in the Telegram group.

If you need more information about this, please create a separate topic :slight_smile:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is VC in this context?

Venture capital (private investors) :slight_smile:

Should that be in 0.28.0?
Just tried and it seems it’s not.

Looks like it is working for me. Just tested second ago.

Doesn’t seem to work for me, it now auto-focuses on the input, but I still can’t type without having it focused is what it seem to be right now.

On my Linux I only can enter the PIN when clicking into the first field even though the window is focused. When clicking anywhere but in the fields, the fields are also not marked as “selected”.

EDIT: Ok. Got it. The field is preselected when focusing the window. Thats right. So it will work until I click anywhere else. Then it works for me.
I thought the feature request was about that it should work always when the window is focused, so even when I click on my background. May have gotten that wrong.
It then seems to work in the currently intended way for me.

There was something wrong in removing the ability to deselect pincode fields. So current intended behaviour is to autofocus pincode on fist selection of anytype

As this is the only input field on the screen, would it make sense to set focus to the field if you click anywhere on the window?

It sounds logical, but it seems a bit… aggressive? I think the current implementation seems fine.

Oh, I just realized a slight problem, some people prefer the left click onto an unfocused windows to “focus and pass click”, which would make it select out of the password box again, as in
Click:

1. Focus Window: Focus on passcode box
  2. Pass Click: Click somewhere else, unfocusing the passcode box
    Which is quite frustrating, since in this case, you have to tab to it for the passcode box to autofocus :confused:
1 Like