Inconsistent Icon Presentation on Page with /object_type Creation & /link_to_Object

WHAT IS THE BUG

Icon presentation for different Object creations methods on a page are inconsistent.

When I create an object by going to the parent object and type /object_type

Then that newly created object is open in a separate window, when I go back to the parent object, I find the newly created object is linked without its icon

Parent object:

I have to enable icon for it to show up

However, when I use /link_to_object (i.e linking to an existing/previously created object), it shows the icon by default.

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

1. Create a parent object
  2. Type /object_type then click on it to create an object
  3. Choose template
  4. Go back to parent object

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

Newly created objects from within parent objects should present the icon for that created object the same way for all Object creation methods.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

• Device:
    PC/Laptop
    Windows 10/11
  • Anytype Version:
    v.0.35.4
  • Tech Info:
    Device: DESKTOP-8VFVMAU
    OS version: win32 x64 10.0.19045
    App version: 0.35.4
    Build number: build on 2023-09-29 12:18:25 +0000 UTC from at #165d3fa41d42702949947a67974f6316af134831(v0.28.7)
    Library version: v0.28.7
    Account ID: A8DMi22aG2JeS6SqxmXaBUJ6e8wMUq18HuXkXtKHNg1GaCcd
    Analytics ID: undefined
    Device ID: undefined

I don’t believe this a bug, but maybe inconsistent design. Could be intentional as well, I will let you know what I hear from the Team.

This report has been added to our issue tracker and received by the Development Team.

1 Like

Thank you, by the way, which category is better suited for feature modification/optimization suggestions?

1 Like

Feature Requests, just clarify in the post that it’s an optimization. If it’s a blatant mistake in the UI, you can still post it as bug report, although this line is kind of blurry.

1 Like