Inconsistent block drag and drop experience

Describe the bug

Rearranging (dragging and dropping) blocks does not appear to be working correctly. When I click and drag, it’s also unclear as to if I’ve grabbed the handle. When I grab a block handle and drag it next to an existing block, it usually highlights the blocks above/below, and clicking away to unselect doesn’t seem to work.
drag-and-drop.mov

To Reproduce

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. attempt to rearrange block order by grabbing block handle and dropping to new location.

Expected behavior

A few things I guess:

• Smooth click, drag and drop movements
  • I’m expecting some sort of visual indication that the block handle has been selected (perhaps by turning it solid yellow?).
  • When you click in a blank space, blocks are deselected. The ability to click and drag over blocks to select or unselect.

Desktop (please complete the following information):

• Device: Mac mini
  • Version: 0.18.59

Additional context

A weird quirk I did find is that click and drag seems to work much better (at least much more consistent) when I hold down the space bar…?

4 Likes

You’ve got what looks like some unusual behavior there. From what I can see, this is not how Anytype normally works. Clicking and dragging blocks should be very responsive. Your hardware should be fine, but I think this is an M1 Mac, is that right? That may be related, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

@Oshyan Its a Intel Mac mini.

1 Like

@ratiocinate Ah, OK. Can you provide more specs? What generation?

@Oshyan Sure! here you go:

Model Name: Mac mini (2018)

Model Identifier: Macmini8,1

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

Memory: 32 GB

1 Like

I also have this problem too and I’m on Windows 10. Version number is 0.18.59

1 Like

I have the same problem with mbp, os 11.5.1 .

windows 10 goes well.

This bug is proving to be quite frustrating. I should mention that I use a MX Master 3 for Mac mouse—not sure if that changes anything, but it could be helpful info!

@ratiocinate @lienbon Could you give a quick info, if that bug still occurs?

Seems to be fixed now!

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this on an M1 MacBook Pro. When I try to click and drag a block to rearrange it usually starts highlighting other things on the page instead of dragging the block I clicked on. Very frustrating when trying to make columnar layouts.