How to create Date object for specific date?

Is there a way to create a date object for a specific one?
On the PC we can create a date object by typing @today, @tomorrow or @yesterday - but how can I create such object for something that is not within the span of those three commands? I can’t seem to find a way to do it.

I mean the date object like those:
CleanShot 2023-09-06 at 10.01.13

Here you go: Links - Anytype Docs.

ahh, the format. I was trying different ones, didn’t think of @24/8/2023 and didn’t think of looking for Date in “Links” section :man_facepalming:

thanks for pointing that out!

1 Like

@ is technically an inline link, so that’s why it’s there. Also, there’s a search bar in the top right if you can’t seem to find something. You can even use the semantic AI to ask a direct question, and it’ll try and answer it using the data from the docs.

1 Like

Hm… those date links are really interesting. I didn’t know about them :smiley:

But what is the date then actually? When I click on a date link I see a Overview where this date was mentioned and it’s “Date backlinks”. So is this a collection? It seems Date is neither a relation nor an object… I’m a little bit confused :see_no_evil:

I’m asking because it would be handy to have an overview of all the date links I’ve created on different objects. This seems not to be possible, or am I wrong?

Update:
It seems that it’s a type of “Date”… and a set of “outgoing links”. But those types are not available to use…

1 Like

Date types are hidden currently, probably because this is still in development. Date object use a custom layout that automatically filters all objects that are linked to that date.

2 Likes

Does anyone know whether different date representations are planed? Because for someone eg. from Germany Tue Sep 14 2021 is not a very nice date … :sweat_smile:

1 Like