Hidden DB functionality - a treasure hunt

Hey everyone, time for a treasure hunt! I stumbled across this page in Anytype that I did not create called “Task GTD”. As you can see it’s got some early database functionality on it. I can’t seem to find it again though! And I don’t remember how I got here in the first place. Who else can find it?

Posting here in the lounge because, hey, this stuff shouldn’t be tested yet. So it’s just for fun, for now. :grinning:

4 Likes

Oops :slight_smile: I was thinking about adding some easter eggs in the app, but this one was made not on purpose :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I searched for it in the search bar and found it! Nice find :grinning:

1 Like

@laurara Strange, it doesn’t show up for me.

1 Like

Interesting! Yeah, I think it showed up for me there once, which is probably how I found it in the first place. But now it doesn’t. Does it still show for you?

@BGray Looks like it disappeared for me too :thinking:

It didn’t show up in search for me too, but I found it from the navigation on my profile page. It was linking to it from there.

2 Likes

@bassel Ah! Of course, there is probably an association (“relationship?”) between those pages and you as a sort of “assignee”, “owner”, etc. This is a reliable way to access the page(s) again. There are several, though the GTD one is the most complete and interesting. Good find!

1 Like

Looks really cool. Good find :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, the app indexes the information, all links and relations between objects. And these objects like Task GTD had “created by” relation to your profile. Which is not true exactly, because they are build-in and created by Anytype.

1 Like

This may be a bit late, but you can add these pages by using the @ symbool. So start a new line and type @ then search for Task GTD.

There are more (hidden) templates that you can find this way:

• Daily Plan
  • Daily reflection
  • Diary Entry
  • (Simple) Idea template
  • Meeting note template
  • Meeting Note template

I even got a page that is classed as a Project but I don’t know how I find/made it (its called asdfdf haha).

1 Like

@Jeroen Yeah, they have added a bunch of other “hidden” stuff since my original post as they get closer to official database rollout. :grin:

1 Like

@Oshyan yeah I came across meeting note, idea, recipe, daily planll…daily reflection template