"Group" menu in Set View settings not visible after selecting Kanban as View

WHAT IS THE BUG

After selecting Kanban for a Set View the “Group” menu in the Set View settings not visible right away. You need to close the menu and reopen it to make it visible. Same for the other way around: after selecting any view other than Kanban, the Group menu item remains visible until the menu is refreshed.

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

1. Open a Set
  2. Click the View Settings icon
  3. Make sure the Set view is NOT to Kanban
  4. Close the menu by clicking outside of it
  5. Open the View Settings menu again
  6. Select Kanban as View
  7. See that the Group option in the menu does not immediately appear.
  8. Close the menu by clicking outside of it
  9. Open the View Settings menu again
  10. Select any other view than Kanban
  11. See that the Group option in the menu does not immediately disappear.

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

The menu item should appear and disappear immediately.

SYSTEM INFORMATIONS

Windows 11
  • Device:
    Dells XPS 15
  • Anytype Version:

I believe there are more examples of Anytype not live updating changes like this. On top of my head applying a filter or sort to a set view requires a reloading of the page (sometimes) or having a Gallery view of a set with relation shown, but edits made to those relations not instantly visible, only after a reload of the page.

Maybe it is how Anytype works and this is another on of those same type examples?

Please add them here! :slight_smile:

We can repurpose this topic to become a more general list of issues where the Anytype interface does not update in time to reflect changes in content or configuration.

I could not reproduce the issue you mention with filters in a Set, those are applied immediately for me. That said, “immediately” means a couple of seconds in a List view of not more than 40 items, so that might be more of a performance issue than a UI/UX issue.

1 Like

Will be fixed in next release.

@Razor still reproducable in 0.29.0