Graph Mode Lag/Bad Performance

With the Graph Mode feature another dream came true. It looks just fantastic and its function helps a lot. But even though I have a very good PC it is almost unusable for me :frowning: As the video shows below it is very slow. Has anyone with a bunch of pages more luck? And is there hope that the performance will improve someday so I can use it flawlessly?
anytype-2021-10-09-10-41-38-trim.mp4

4 Likes

We will add filters in next iterations and I’ve excluded files from graph since there can be lots of files as they are added to objects automatically.

4 Likes

@R2D2 When you say filters do you mean like “exclude XY type” or “only show if type = XY” ? if so that would help a lot, especially if you can create custom graph views with saved parameters

@R2D2 Great to hear that! :slight_smile:

@Inkqb same filter mechanism as in Sets.

2 Likes

@R2D2 Great ! Is there a planned way to save the filters ?

@Inkqb will implement later. We look at your feature request here: https://community.anytype.io/t/-/2309

1 Like

the filters will be done in a similar way as for sets, so it’s planned that you will be able to do that.

1 Like

As an update the performance of the Graph Mode got a huge boost and is now usable thanks a lot!
The only thing I am bit concerned about is when I wanna move an object everything goes crazy. Maybe because to many objects are linked together. (This also means at the moment this option is unfortunately not usable)