Gallery block - multiple images inside one block

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
This feature request is not necessarily related to a problem, but, I do foresee the lack of such a feature being a possible roadblock for users who wish to create personal blogs and websites when the “Publish to Web” functionality (or something similar to that) is released.

Describe the solution you’d like
I’d really appreciate a “gallery” block to consolidate multiple images into one block - many website builders such as Weebly, Wix, and Google Sites offer this feature. The multiple images can then be navigated between using buttons on the left, right or bottom. An image of an image gallery from Google Sites is below.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
Using multiple image blocks is always a method for adding more than one image to an object canvas. However, with some Templates that I’m using, adding more images can mess with the layout of blocks on the object canvas.

Additional context
I feel as if this is somewhat more of a “niche” function compared to other feature requests - so perhaps, this would be better for the core team’s efficiency if this was implemented as a community contribution or plugin?

10 Likes

Might be a niche feature, but it would be so helpful - I use Anytype to make character profiles for my writing, and being able to do something like a ‘slideshow’ would be very neat and make the whole page much better organized.

1 Like